Friday, March 15, 2013

Lesson#3 ~ Get to Know the Real You (1.3)

The majority of us are so caught up in our lives that we've forgotten who we truly are. When someone asks us to introduce ourselves, we respond by telling them what we do, where we live and who we know. Now, those are certainly important aspects of our life, but they aren't our whole life - or at least they shouldn't be.

We women are so identified with our roles as mother, wife, caretaker, daughter, career woman etc. - that we often lose track of ourselves. We forgot who we are beyond these roles. We forget who we wanted to be, what we dreamt of becoming, what we love, what we value. In fact, we forget our 'self'!

Questions worth pondering over:
  • How do people in my life see me? What do they come to me for?
  • What role do I play most often, and how has playing this role served me? Does it still serve me?
  • How has playing this role blocked me from doing the things I truly enjoy?
So, its time to peel away everything that is non essential and discover our authentic identity. Reclaim the woman we truly are!

Remember, what's most important in our life. Remember our hopes and dreams. Discover or rediscover our deepest yearnings. In order to do this, we need to embark on a search-and -rescue mission to comb back through our life and recover our joy, wisdom, passion, enthusiasm, self-confidence, vitality - the threads of our true selves we lost along the way.

Creating a life we love requires courage, commitment and perseverance. All of which we have. The call now is for us to be authentically ourself.

I am reconnecting with my authentic self and reclaiming my true joys and passions.....

No comments: