Thursday, March 14, 2013

Lesson#2 ~ Recognize Your Strengths (1.2)

Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have...

We tend to think that through criticism or judgement, one can shame oneself into being different. But this rarely works. Most people don't respond well to disparagement; in fact, they usually become defensive and resistant.

We're no different. In order to make the changes necessary to create the life we want, we have to shift our position from focusing on our flaws and shortcomings to recognizing our strengths, talents and positive qualities. We have to create a foundation of love and support.

We need to maintain a balanced, compassionate view of ourselves. Everything we've done, everyone we've loved, every mistake we've made, every obstacle we've overcome, is part of woman we are today.

Questions worth asking ourselves:
  • What are three things I've accomplished in my life that I am most proud of?
  • What are five of my strengths, talents, and positive qualities? (Yes, all of us do have them....its just a matter of realizing them..in fact if we spend a little time, we'll find that there are far more than five!)
  • How do I use my gifts and strengths in everyday life?
  • Are there ways in which I could make better use of my resources?
Change occurs most readily from a foundation of acceptance and support. A committed, nurturing relationship with ourselves is essential. The only way we will create a life we love is with one caring, compassionate act at a time. We have to love and appreciate ourselves into wholeness. We need to be there for ourselves if we are going to change the things in our lives that are robbing us of living our best life.

I acknowledge and accept myself for who I am....

No comments: